European VAT

European VAT refers to the tax that is attributed to the sale of goods and services in European countries. If your business is not located in the EU, but engages in trade with any one of the EU member states, then your business needs to be VAT registered. European VAT rates and rules vary from country to country. So if as a trader you deal with different EU countries, you are going to end up facing different rules, and this may lead to misunderstandings and doubts. Appointing a fiscal representative to act as a local representative in the European country that you deal with will help to simplify things for you. To comply with European VAT rules you need to be VAT compliant, and the fiscal representative will see to this on your behalf. The fiscal representative is a tax specialist. He/she will be knowledgeable and experienced with regards to the European VAT laws for that particular country. So while filing obligations for your business, managing taxation issues and dealing with the tax authorities, you may rest assured that he/she will know just what to do and what is best for you. You will not have to worry about the technicalities of registering for VAT or getting your VAT number. All the paperwork and documents required will be handled by your fiscal representative. If you want the peace of mind that a fiscal representative can give you, get in touch with us so that we will assign an experienced and professional tax specialist to see to your business’s needs. VACUE has been assisting many businesses in this field and European VAT issues will become a thing of the past if you leave them in the hands of a fiscal representative.

European VAT requests?

Do you represent an American or European company and have any kind of request related to European VAT? Fill out the form at 'Information Request'. Within 8 working hours you get response.

How will a fiscal representative help

European VAT and fiscal representative

European VATEU member states have their respective European VAT rules. Most member states require companies that are not based in a European country to have a fiscal representative representing them and handling their taxation matters. First off your business needs to be VAT registered. So the fiscal representative will go through this process so as to get your VAT number. This number which will be unique for each European country that you deal with. As soon as your business is VAT certified, you will need to see to the filing of VAT returns, and the fiscal representative will take care of these on a regular basis.

How does it work?

The process is really simple and quick.

  • Contact VACUE online by filling in the form on the website 'Information Request'. Explain what you are enquiring about, that is, if it is about European VAT issues.
  • Upon receiving your request we will then get in touch with our specialists, depending on what you explained in your request. There are several specialists who will be able to suit your specific needs.
  • These specialists will subsequently contact you, either by calling you or by sending an email. It is VACUE's priority to ensure that communication is as prompt as possible, and so we guarantee that you will receive a reply from the tax specialists within just 8 hours.
  • Within 8 hours the specialist will update VACUE with the status of your request so that we will be informed of what is going to happen with regards to the service required, and be in a better position to manage it all for your utmost satisfaction.

European VAT rules

European VAT rules

The European VAT rules are different in each Member State, but are very strict.